Saturday, July 13, 2013

5 days!

It's only 5 days 'till I board a jet to Scotland! As the time approaches I find that I'm a lot more nervous than I've been in a while! I haven't flown since I was 7 years old, 15 years ago, so a lot has changed since then. I'm nervous about going through security and just about being in another country and another culture. I'm also nervous about meeting Facebook friends for (kind of ) the first time. There's so much unknown! What if everything goes wrong? What if people don't like me? Etc.

I know these are just my insecurities talking, but I'm still a little afraid. I'm looking forward to when I'm in the middle of it, helping people and seeing the sights!

After the missions part of the trip (I'm still not sure exactly what we're going to be doing) me and my friend Mary are going to do some sight seeing. We have one day in Edinburgh, one-ish days in Northern Ireland and one-ish day in London. In Edinburgh I'd love to see the cafe where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter, in Northern Ireland we're visiting an old friend from California, and in London I'd love to see this crazy statue in Hyde Park among other things. :P

Actually, I just watched the video after posting the link, and apparently he's moving around?? So I WON'T be able to see it?? I'm kind of sad, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment